UPDATE: Thanks for your response and great interest! We’ve received a flood of resumes and are putting a hold on accepting any more submissions for now. Please check back later for any new developments!
We are seeking a motivated, outgoing, self-starting individual for task-specific marketing assignments within the comic book and publishing industry. Duties will include retail and reviewer outreach, promotional research, establishing and maintaining an online presence, social marketing, and community building initiatives.
Individual tasks will be offered on a contract basis for each assignment. Ideally one candidate will be capable of executing all tasks, but will consider multiple candidates for individual task contracts if necessary. Successful execution of contracted tasks can lead to full-time salaried position.
Candidates need not reside in a specific location, and can work remotely. Regular communication via email and phone will be part of the job.
– Knowledge of comic book and book market publicity channels, both online and offline, focusing on both retailer and consumer awareness independently.
– Outgoing personality; willing to cold-call stores and represent Magnetic Press to new contacts and potential customers with pride, levity, and a positive attitude.
– Creative thinking; able to devise new and effective ways to gain public awareness.
– Self-management skills; can complete tasks independently and efficiently without daily guidance.
– A head for research; able to discover new, untapped interest channels and contact information for those channels.
– Interest, passion, and knowledge of our product line.
– Organizational skills; able to maintain clear knowledge of all open, ongoing projects.
– Prompt communication skills; initiative to report and inquire on a regular basis, without having to be sought.
– Access to the internet.
– Experience within the comic book industry a plus. Familiarity within the community also a plus.
– Marketing and sales experience a plus.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com with the subject header “Marketing Assistant.”